疯狂英语口语突破单词174: appointment (MP3)

2026-05-08
174、appointment n. 约会;约定;任命

I have an appointment with the president this afternoon.
我今天下午与总裁有个约会。
I’d like to make an appointment with you.
我想跟你约个时间见面。

【额外成就感】
He canceled the appointment with the doctor.
他取消了与医生的约会。

倒序记单词:-ment单词大奉献
agreement n. 协定,一致,同意
I don’t think we will ever reach an agreement.
我想我们永远都达不成协议。
This contract is not in agreement with international standards.
这份合同不符合国际标准。

management n. 管理,资方
The management here encourages teamwork.
这儿的管理层鼓励团队合作。
I want to go abroad to study business management.
我想出国学商业管理。

requirement n. 要求,必要条件
Do you think I can meet the requirements of admission?
你认为我符合入学的条件吗?
What is the age requirement for marriage in your country?
你们国家结婚的法定年龄是多少?

advertisement n. 宣传,广告
Maybe we should put an advertisement in the newspaper.
也许我们应该在报纸上刊登个广告。
I don’t believe all those television advertisements. They make too may false promises!
我不相信所有这些电视广告,他们许了太多虚假的承诺。

amusement n. 娱乐;消遣
I don’t find any amusement in his comments.
我不认为他的话有什么好笑。
I sent you that email for your amusement. It wasn’t serious.
我给你发的邮件就是让你笑一笑,不是认真的。

improvement n. 改进, 进步
You need to make a few improvements to this article.
你的文章需要一些改动。
Your pronunciation has made a lot of improvement since the last time we met.
上次我们见面以来,你的发音有了很大的改善。

accomplishment n. 成就,功绩
I’m so proud of my son’s accomplishments!
我真为我儿子的成就感到自豪。
You finished your MBA in less than a year? That’s a real accomplishment.
你一年不到就读完了MBA?那真是一大成就。

astonishment n. 惊奇
The students looked at their teacher in astonishment.
学生们吃惊地看着他们的老师。
To my astonishment my boyfriend remembered my mother’s birthday and bought her flowers!
令我吃惊的是,我男朋友居然记得我妈妈的生日,还给她买了花。

compliment n. 称赞, 恭维, 致意, 问候
Her boss paid her a compliment and praised her work in front of the entire staff.
她老板在所有的员工面前称赞她,表扬了她。
A: You look really great in that dress.
你穿那条裙子真是太棒了。
B: Thanks for the compliment.
多谢恭维。
A sincere compliment can always bring a smile to my face.
真诚的赞美总能让我微笑。

argument n. 争论, 辩论, 论据, 论点
Do you think you could do what I ask you to without argument just once?
你说你能不能毫无异议地照我说的做,就一次都行?
We had a terrible argument about money.
我们为了钱吵得很厉害。
I can’t even remember what started this argument.
我甚至都不记得是怎么吵起来的了。

Kim’s Note: “Argument” is more popular than “quarrel” in American English.
美国英语中“argument”比“quarrel”要常用。